I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Have you tried juicing or making smoothies as a way to improve your intake of fruits and vegetables? This berry beet smoothie is both refreshing and packed with nutritional benefits.
How to Make a Berry Beet Smoothie
Smoothies are easy to make and delicious to drink. To make them you need not only the right ingredients but also a blender that can handle what you put in it.
In our homes, we have a Vitamix. I’ve tried lower cost options in the past, but since I use my blender on a near daily basis I need a workhorse. Vitamix is that workhorse for me.
Blendtec is the other brand I can confidently recommend. I also saw a professional grade KitchenAid blended recommended by America’s Test Kitchen.
Find different blender options on Amazon.
To make it quick to make, you need to gather up your ingredients to prep them.
There are many options for chia seeds. This one is the particular brand used in developing this recipe.
- 2 large bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 c. frozen strawberries
- 1 c. frozen raspberries
- 2 large red beets, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- 2 c. almond milk, unsweetened**
- 6-8 large ice cubes
- 1 T. chia seeds***
- Optional: 4 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
1. Add the frozen bananas, berries, beets, almond milk, and ice cubes to a high-speed blender. Cover and blend on the highest setting until completely smooth and creamy, approximately 2 minutes. If necessary, add a little water to reach the desired consistency if the mixture is too thick.
2. Divide between 4 glasses or mason jars and top each serving with some chia seeds. Garnish each glass or jar with a sprig of fresh mint, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
**Can substitute water for brighter red color and fewer calories
***Pictured: Nutriva Superseed Blend with Coconut (available on Amazon)
Raw or roasted beets can be used in this recipe. However, roasted beets will yield a smoother texture. To save time on busy mornings, wash and wrap the beets in aluminum foil and toss into a hot oven for approximately 1 hour while making dinner throughout the week. Store roasted beets in the refrigerator for several days until ready to use.
Have you added beets to your blending or juicing adventures??
Who would you share this Berry Beet Smoothie with?