I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
When it comes to making dinner, it can seem a daunting task when you juggle so many things in your life. While you may love to cook, the dinner hour during the week can create a sense of unease in some people. That’s why I like to have dishes that are super easy to make like this Bruschetta Chicken.
This recipe was inspired by a box of stuffing mix! I just added a few things to make it my own.
Making Baked Bruschetta Chicken
While you could make your own ‘stuffing mix’ and chop tomatoes for this, having everything ready to grab in your pantry saves you a bit of time.
Aside from your ingredients, you’ll need a good baking dish. You either need a 13X9 inch dish or a deeper casserole that can go into the oven.
Here are a few suggestions for baking dishes I found on Amazon (these are affiliate links!)
Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish, Clear 8.9 Inch X 13.2 Inch – 3 QtLodge STW13RCT33 Stoneware Baking Dish, 9Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Oblong Rectangular Baking Dish Roasting Lasagna Pan, Ceramic, Sage, 13-Inches x 9-Inches x 2.5-Inches
Recipe for Baked Bruschetta Chicken
- 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pkg (6 oz.) of Stuffing Mix
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb. of chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 cup mozzarella or Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1 lb.+ of spinach
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic. Stir to moisten the mix.
- On the bottom of your baking dish or casserole, lay down the cleaned spinach.
- On top of the spinach, lay out your chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle with the basil.
- Distribute the cheese evenly across your dish.
- For the final layer, place the moistened stuffing a top your casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115 Total Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 7g
While the recipe is simple, when served with vegetables and another side (e.g. pasta) it can become a lovely dinner for your family or when entertaining.
What types of dishes do you make when you need something for dinner?
Would this dish be for every day or would you serve it to guests, too?